Saint Paul Lutheran Church (Kulm, North Dakota) Records
Identifier: Collection ID-0122
Scope and Contents
Collection consists of three bound books and four folders of congregational meeting minutes from 1911-1987, financial records from 1922-1955; constitutions, both in German; 60th, 75th, and 100th anniversary programs; funeral information and service folders from 1985-2009, as well as a folder of misc. membership information.
- 1893 - 2010
Biographical / Historical
A small group of neighbors began holding services together as early as 1890. In 1892, Pastor Bode, Albion Township, Dickey County came to Kulm to conduct services. Saint Paul was organized as a congregation in January, 1893. In 1897, the first church building was built. The congregation joined the LCMS in 1909. Saint Paul began using English as a general practice in services in 1955. In 1975, a dual parish agreement was created between Saint Paul (Kulm), and Saint Paul (Monango, North Dakota). The congregation disbanded in 2010.
.42 Linear Feet (One 5" document box; One bound record book)
Language of Materials
- Language of description
- Script of description