Skip to main content

Trinity Lutheran Church (Syracuse, New York) Records

 Record Group
Identifier: Collection ID-0073

Scope and Contents

One church record book with date range of 1923-2014; one folder containing three photos - two pastors (Rev. Raymond V. Kirk and Rev. Richard L. J. Hoemann) and one of sanctuary; one folder containing loose items.

Dates

  • 1923 - 2014

Biographical / Historical

The impetus of Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church in Syracuse, New York was given by Pastor C. H. Kendrich of Clyde, New York, who, while attending an LCMS Eastern District Convention, learned that a family had moved to Syracuse and were interested in starting the first LCMS congregation in that city of 200,000 inhabitants. Three families formed the nucleus of the congregation in 1922. The first service was preached by Pastor Benke of Rochester, New York in September, 1922 to eight people. The first full-time pastor was Rev. Schumann, who was installed in August, 1923 with eight people present at the installation service. The congregation closed in 2014.

Extent

1 Church Record Book(s)

2 Folders

Language of Materials

English

Physical Location

1.12.2.3

Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin

Repository Details

Part of the Concordia Historical Institute Repository

Contact:
804 Seminary Place
Saint Louis MO 63105 USA
314-505-7935