Schermerhorn Street Evangelical Church (Brooklyn, New York) Records
Scope and Contents
The collection contains the records of baptisms, confirmations, marriages and funerals in rather complete form from 1844 to 1970 in 11 volumes, plus a membership book compiled in 1910. It also includes minutes of the congregation for most of its history.
- 1844 - 1970
Language of Materials
Biographical / Historical
The congregation was also known as the German Evangelical Church of Brooklyn. It was the mother church of 16 or 17 German churches in the city. After 1965 it was apparently a member of the United Church of Christ. It was closed in 1970.
3 Linear Feet (Three cu. ft. boxes)
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script